Monday, December 4, 2023

So This Happened 12/04/23

 


CBC to eliminate 600 jobs

CBC/Radio-Canada has announced that it will lay off 600 employees nationwide at the beginning of the 2024-2025 fiscal year.

When I first heard about this, I was sitting out on my deck drinking a cup of coffee and having a smoke. It was snowing a little bit, flurrying really, and it couldn't have been more peaceful. What a start to my morning.

I headed inside after having a couple of smokes and sat down on my couch. And for some reason I started thinking about how much I really love my couch. My couch has just the right amount of firmness, where you don't sink in too much, yet not so hard that when you sit down you feel as if your spine is going to shoot right out through your head. So, from a comfort angle, my couch is pretty great.

Anyway, you're probably wondering what I think about these layoffs? I haven't really thought about it at all, as it's hard to wrap my head around things when I have a comfortable couch, a peaceful backyard that looks like a scene from a Hallmark movie, and a pack of blowers that I will never give up because smoking is fantastic.

TD Cuts Thousands Of Jobs

Toronto-Dominion Bank missed analysts’ earnings estimates after setting aside more money than forecast for potentially souring loans and announcing a restructuring charge related to a planned three per cent cut to the lender’s workforce.

If you're a fan of watching employees of the banking sector suffer humiliating layoffs just before Christmas, then this has been a banner week for you. If you think that man, these folks that are getting cut are just regular folk and don't deserve it, let me ask you a question - the guy that made Hitler breakfast every day for 10 years was probably a good guy. But he could have killed Hitler at any time, yet he didn't. Did you feel sorry for him when he got laid off after Hitler died from getting the vax (or whatever)?

Of course you didn't. Besides, the TD debit card is absolute trash and never taps. 

Delaware County Council Considers 3% Tax On Airbnb Rentals

An interesting thing to keep in mind about Airbnb's is that many times these "Superhosts* and even the regular *Garbagehosts* will saddle their customers with a $300 cleaning fee or something ridiculous like that because they are greedy pigs. A way to get back at them is to piss in their closet and shut the door. They can't prove a damn thing and you can leave knowing that you have done God's work.

If they ever accuse you of pissing in their closet, tell them to suck it and laugh like a little girl. No one messes with the criminally insane.


3 comments:

  1. I burst into tears at this awful news! I have a friend who works in HR and he assures me that the stricken employees have access to MAiD hotlines and self care fridge magnets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly, I enjoy watching Hockey Nite in Canada on CBC, it's a joy to see how well put together this program is, what a bonanza for its advertisers, how its hockey analysts are always on point, and the always super sexy non Irish/Scots girls who walk around the ring after each round carrying signs indicating which round has been completed. Nothing like watching my beloved HABS win against the Leaves on a Saturday nite. Tis a joy.

    Isn't the TD Bank the first amongst equals which froze some of society's members bank accounts at the great honk, without even the benefit of being able to say, "the gov't told us to do it"?

    It's +12 centigrado here today. What's a "flurry"?

    I read on X last week there were some worries at BoM re: the coming shitstorm of rate increases for their mortgage book. +20% of their mortgage loans at 2% will be coming due at 6% or 7% in the next year, (which if you can do math at all, the vast majority of mortgages being up to 5 years... of course 20% will be due in each of those 5 years!) and if you're carrying 300k on a mortgage that'll be about $100 per 100k for every 1% rise in rate... $100 x 3x x 4 percent increase = $1200 of after tax income it looks like someone's going to have to open up an Etsy account and start selling either their home made projects, the silverware, or their Bobby Orr rookie cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like watching hockey intermissions because I like the insight and perspective of all the non-white commentators - which is every single one.

    Our housing market will be brutal in tje next few years for exactly the reasons you mentioned. Ontario - the center of the universe - will be destroyed. And I'll be here watching from the comfort of my oversized chair. Laughing.

    ReplyDelete