Sunday, February 11, 2024

There Is A Lesson In This


It's our daughter's Birthday today, and I thought it would be a nice idea to make her a big pancake. When I flipped the big pancake, it split into a few pieces as you can see, so things didn't work out as intended.

Yet, I was able to turn this culinary disaster into what annoying people call a *teachable moment*.

I told my daughter, 'this pancake is like many people you will meet in life; broken, mangled, disfigured, disgusting, crusty on the edges, hard to look at, the rejects of society. However, if you pour pure Mennonite maple syrup on those people - like we did on your pancake - you will quickly see how tolerable, and possibly delicious they become.'

My daughter then asked if I was suggesting we eat the disfigured and mangled? To which I replied that the answer is in her heart.

Parenting aint easy. But knowing you're making a difference is what makes it all worthwhile. 

Telegram   t.me/mayorofmitchieville

5 comments:

  1. I bawled like a 2 year old when I wrote it, so I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was deeply touched, and shed a tear appropriate to my age and status. Just role modelling here, guys, not making any criticisms.

    Mr. Mayor, you are an admirable father, and your daughter has a bright future. Ideally, a safe distance from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noted. My daughter will always be safe simply because of the 24/7 security team that won't let any human within 500 yards of her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, Mr. Mayor! If she starts coming after me I can outrun her with a 500 yard lead. I appreciate your concern for my safety.

    ReplyDelete